Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Musings on Quincy



Tattooed hands of a man I met in the Hancock Cemetery in Quincy, MA. He claimed to be a Freemason, as per the clove tattoo, but then asked me if I knew what the skull and wings symbol at the top of the headstones from the 1600s meant. You'd think a guy with a skull tattooed on his hand would know these things. But we got to chatting and one of his other two friends pulled up his shirt sleeve to show me the name Robin encased in a dagger tattoo on his forearm, placed there as a commitment to a long ago ex-girlfriend. And I replied, my name's spelled with a y.

Here's the skull and wings from the previous story.


Kinda reminds me of the Day of the Dead.


Not a bad sign to wear at the airport.


Birthplace of John Adams (the guy who was President)

No comments: